Thefrom features a compact build and intuitive layout, along with a feature-set to suit a multimedia lifestyle. Utilizing a 16MP Live MOS sensor, which lacks an optical low-pass filter for increased sharpness, the GX85 is capable of shooting continuously at up to 10 fps with single-shot autofocus, or 6 fps with continuous autofocus, as well as up to 40 fps when using an electronic shutter function. UHD 4K video recording is also supported in 30 and 24 fps frame rates, as well as Full HD 1080p, and the 4K recording abilities also permit shooting 8MP stills at a 30 fps rate. A sensitivity range up to ISO 25600 permits working in difficult and low-light settings while 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization also helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Spanning a broad range of features for both still and moving images, the GX85 is a versatile mirrorless camera further characterized by its sleek form factor and connected functionality.
Complementing the imaging attributes, the camera also incorporates both a 2.76m-dot electronic viewfinder as well as a 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD, which has a tilting design to better enable working from high and low angles. Built-in Wi-Fi is also integrated into the design, which facilitates wireless image transferring and remote camera control from linked smartphones or tablets.
Included with the camera body is the versatile Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. lens, which provides a 24-64mm equivalent focal length range. The lens is characterized by its sleek profile that pairs well with the camera body, and its optical design incorporates three aspherical elements and one extra-low dispersion element to control a variety of aberrations and distortions. Additionally, a stepping AF motor is employed to provide quick, quiet, and accurate focusing performance to suit both stills and video recording applications.
- 16MP Live MOS Sensor
- UHD 4K Video Recording
- 4K Photo Modes
- Dual Image Stabilization
- Depth-From-Defocus AF Technology
- An integrated 2.76m-dot electronic viewfinder offers a bright, clear eye-level means for composing images, and features a 0.7x effective magnification.
- A larger means for image composition and playback, the 3.0" 1.04m-dot rear OLED monitor has a tilting design to support viewing from a variety of angles. It is also a touchscreen, which permits intuitive menu navigation and settings control.
- Nine programmable function buttons can be used to control a wide variety of settings and tools.
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity allows for wireless image sharing and remote camera control from linked smartphones and tablets.
- Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. Lens included
|Autofocus Points||Contrast Detection: 49|
|Built-in Microphone||Yes, Stereo Mic|
|Camera Format||Micro 4/3|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 40 fps|
|Dimensions||4.8 x 2.8 x 1.7" / 122.0 x 70.6 x 43.9 mm|
|Image Stabilization||Sensor-Shift, 5-Way|
|ISO Rating||Auto, 200-25600 (Extended Mode: 100-25600)|
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Memory Type||SD, SDHC, SDXC|
|Metering Method||Center-weighted average metering, Multiple, Spot metering|
|Product Type||Mirrorless Camera|
|Sensor Type / Size||MOS, 17.3 x 13.0 mm|
|Shutter||Electronic & Mechanical|
|Video Recording||Yes; 4K, 1080p, 720p|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.7x|
|Weight||15.027 oz / 426 g with battery and memory card|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Discount Digital Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera (Silver)
- Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. Lens
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- AC Adapter
- USB Connection Cable
- Shoulder Strap
- Hot Shoe Cover
- Limited 1-Year Warranty