Nikon D800 Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
- Body only. Lens depicted in images for illustrative purpose only.
- 35.9 x 24.0mm CMOS FX Format Sensor
- 36.3MP Resolution
- EXPEED 3 Image-Processing Engine
- 3.2" LCD Monitor
- Nikon F Mount Lens Mount
- Optical Low-Pass Filter
- Eye-Level Pentaprism Viewfinder
- Every photo will astound. Every video will dazzle. Introducing the Nikon D800.
- Hold in your hands an HD-SLR able to capture images rivaled only by those produced with a medium-format camera: extremely low noise, incredible dynamic range and the most faithful colors. Meet the Nikon D800, a 36.3 megapixel FX-format HD-SLR for professional photographers who require end results of the highest quality, who demand superior performance, speed, handling and a fully integrated imaging system. For cinematographers and multimedia professionals, 36.3 MP means true 1080p HD cinematic quality video and includes inputs for stereo microphones and headphones, peak audio meter display, DX crop mode to maximize NIKKOR lens selection and angle of view and much more.
- The Nikon D800 SLR Digital Camera is more than a DSLR, it's a broadcast quality video camera as well. Powering both still and video capture is the FX-format CMOS 36.3Mp sensor and the powerful EXPEED 3 image-processing engine. Backing up the heart of the camera you'll find an optical low-pass filter that reduces false color and moire and an ISO range of 100-6400 that's expandable to ISO 50-25600 equivalent. Additionally, the D800 boasts 14-bit A/D conversion and 16-bit image processing. What's more, the camera's Nikon F mount accepts a multitude of NIKKOR lenses, included DX lenses and AF-S lenses; and Nikon Speedlights provide exceptional flash capabilities.
The D800's Advanced Scene Recognition System with a 91k-pixel RGB sensor brings out precise, accurate colors in every scene, for natural-looking results. Face detection and a detailed scene analysis support more accurate autofocus, auto exposure, and i-TTL flash exposure for any number of compositional and lighting situations. When combined with auto-area AF and subject tracking in 3D-tracking, your images are even more fine-tuned. In addition, the 3D color matrix metering III feature results in pleasing auto exposures, especially when human faces are in the scene.
The D800 utilizes Nikon's i-TTL system, for the supreme in accuracy and balance. When combined with Nikon's Speedlights, high-quality stills result. Of course, the camera also has a built-in pop-up flash for those spur-of-the-moment snapshots and other casual pics. The D800 also utilizes Nikon's auto white balance which is equipped for a wide range of shooting situations. The Advanced Multi-CAM 3500FX autofocus sensor results in sharp images, even in low-light and the four AF-area modes give you the versatility you need to shoot everything from stills to street scenes to landscapes and more.