Nikon D800E Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
- Body only. Lens depicted in images for illustrative purpose only.
- 35.9 x 24.0mm CMOS FX Format Sensor
- 36.3MP Resolution
- EXPEED 3 Image-Processing Engine
- 3.2" LCD Monitor
- Nikon F Mount Lens Mount
- No Anti-Aliasing Filter
- Eye-Level Pentaprism Viewfinder
(pickup same day or 1 to 3 day to deliver)
- Canon EOS 650D camera body: $655
- Canon EOS 650D with 18-55mm lens: $749
- Canon EOS 700D camera body: $689
- Canon EOS 700D with 18-55mm lens: $798
- Every photo will astound. Every video will dazzle. Introducing the Nikon D800E.
- Hold in your hands an HD-SLR able to capture images rivaled only by those produced with a medium-format camera: extremely low noise, incredible dynamic range and the most faithful colors. Meet the Nikon D800E, a 36.3 megapixel FX-format HD-SLR for professional photographers who require end results of the highest quality, who demand superior performance, speed, handling and a fully integrated imaging system. For cinematographers and multimedia professionals, 36.3 MP means true 1080p HD cinematic quality video and includes inputs for stereo microphones and headphones, peak audio meter display, DX crop mode to maximize NIKKOR lens selection and angle of view and much more.
- The D800E is most suited for studio work or landscape photography when only the highest fidelity and sharpness would do. This unique alternative model will effectively enhance the resolution characteristics of the 36.3-megapixel CMOS sensor by cancelling the anti-aliasing properties of the OLPF inside the camera. By doing this, light is delivered directly to the photodiodes, yielding an image resulting from the raw light gathering properties of the camera. A color moiré correction tool will also be available within Capture NX2 to enhance the D800E photographer’s workflow.
The D800E Advanced Scene Recognition System with a 91k-pixel RGB sensor brings out precise, accurate colors in every scene, for natural-looking results. Face detection and a detailed scene analysis support more accurate autofocus, auto exposure, and i-TTL flash exposure for any number of compositional and lighting situations. When combined with auto-area AF and subject tracking in 3D-tracking, your images are even more fine-tuned. In addition, the 3D color matrix metering III feature results in pleasing auto exposures, especially when human faces are in the scene.
The D800E utilizes Nikon's i-TTL system, for supreme accuracy and balance. Once combined with Nikon's Speedlights, high-quality stills result. Of course, the camera also has a built-in pop-up flash for those spur-of-the-moment snapshots and other casual pics. The D800 also utilizes Nikon's auto white balance which is equipped for a wide range of shooting situations. The Advanced Multi-CAM 3500FX autofocus sensor results in sharp images, even in low-light and the four AF-area modes give you the versatility you need to shoot everything from stills to street scenes to landscapes and more.
The D800 shoots broadcast quality video in two D-Movie formats at 1080/30p full HD. The D800 captures movies in FX and DX movie formats. The FX-based format renders shallow depth of field with beautiful bokeh, while the DX-format uses an image area similar to 35mm movie film, for a look cinematographers are accustomed to. Additional video features include live view operation, the ability to record high-fidelity stereo audio with an external mic, and the option to shoot time-lapse photography and save it as a movie file. Flicker reduction and custom settings enable even more freedom of expression in your movies.
The pentaprism viewfinder provides you with a clear and accurate view when shooting stills. And the generous 3.2" 921k-dot wide-viewing-angle LCD gives you features like an anti-reflective structure, brightness control, and the ability to magnify playback images up to 46x. Other notable features of the D800 include a fast response time of 0.12 seconds, high-speed CF and SD dual card slots, high-speed data transfer with a USB 3.0 connection, a high-capacity EN-EL15 rechargeable lithium-ion battery, a precise and durable shutter, and a high-precision sequential control mechanism.