The Canon EF-mountfrom is a bright, wide prime well-suited for landscape, nature, and astrophotography applications. A sophisticated 15 elements in 10 groups optical design incorporates one extra-low dispersion element, two aspherical elements, and four high refractive index elements to suppress chromatic and spherical aberrations to achieve high sharpness, accurate color rendering, and even brightness from edge to edge. An Ultra Multi-Coating has also been applied to individual elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast when working in strong lighting conditions. Complementing the optical design, the autofocus system makes use of a lightweight focusing group for quick and quiet performance that benefits both photo and video applications. Additionally, this 14mm f/2.8 sports an all-metal housing and is weather-sealed for use in inclement weather conditions.
- Ultra wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 22.4mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited to working in challenging lighting conditions and benefits astrophotography applications.
- One extra-low dispersion element helps to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for notable clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspherical and four high refractive index elements minimize distortion and spherical aberrations to achieve high sharpness and accurate rendering.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce flare and ghosting for increased contrast and a neutral color balance.
- Rounded, seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Autofocus works in conjunction with Canon cameras' focusing systems for quick, accurate, and quiet AF control. A dedicated AF/MF switch is available for quickly changing between focusing methods.
- Durable, all-metal lens construction is weather-sealed for use in trying environmental conditions.
- Integrated lens hood helps to block stray light from causing flare or ghosting and provides additional protection to the front element.
|Aperture||f/2.8 to f/22|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Dimensions||Approx. 3.56 x 3.76" / 90.5 x 95.6 mm|
|Elements / Groups||15/10|
|Filter Size||N/A, Optional 150mm filter system available|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF/EF-s|
|Minimum Focus Distance||7.87" / 20 cm|
|Weight||1.07 lb / 485 g|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Discount Digital Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
- Samyang AF 14mm f/2.8 Lens for Canon EF
- Front and rear lens cap
- Limited 2-year warranty