from is designed for professional photographers needing a reliable travel companion for their DSLR or mirrorless cameras. It features a sturdy aluminum construction, reaching a maximum height of 164 cm with the center column extended and 140 cm when the column is collapsed. For storage, the tripod folds down to 43 cm in length and can be easily carried in its included padded bag while traveling.
Each leg of the Befree GT is composed of four sections, which can be adjusted and secured in seconds thanks to the M-lock twist locks that operate with a simple 90° turn. A side-pull selector allows you to unfold the legs and lock them at three different angles, making for an easy way to regulate your height. Complementing the legs is the equally robust 496 ball head, which offers a dedicated knob for panoramic movement as well as a friction control knob for precise control over the tension during use. The final element is a quick release plate, which is compatible with both RC2 and Arca-type clamps except for the Manfrotto 804-3W and MH804-3W tripod heads.
An Easy Link attachment is available at the top portion of the leg section, and allows you to connect optional accessories such as flashes or reflectors. This enables you to use the tripod as a support system and reduce the amount of gear you need to carry while travelling. Additionally, rubberized feet are used to avoid skidding and help keep the tripod stable in most types of terrain. The Befree GT is compatible with both 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded mounts, thanks to an included bushing adapter that allows you to switch between the two screw sizes.
- Can hold gear weighing up to 10 kg, including most DSLR or pro mirrorless cameras fitted with telephoto lenses
- Aluminum alloy construction makes for a sturdy tripod while keeping its weight at 1.9 kg
- Four leg sections which extend and fasten via its twist locks
- Maximum height of 164 cm with column extended and 140 cm with column retracted, folds down to 43 cm for storage
- Side button allows you to select between three different leg angles
- New 496 ball head with separate pan lock and friction control knobs
- Quick release plate compatible with both RC2 and Arca-type systems, excluding the 804-3W and MH804-3W tripod heads
- Rubberized feet provide increased stability on most surfaces
- Easy Link attachment for use with optional accessories
- Supports equipment with either 1/4"-20 or 3/8"-16 threads, thanks to included bushing adapter
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Discount Digital Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
- Manfrotto Befree GT Travel Aluminum Tripod (Black)
- Manfrotto 496 Ball Head with 200PL-PRO Quick Release Plate
- Padded Tripod Bag