Thefrom is a versatile wide-angle, 34mm-equivalent prime for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. The lens's calling card is its fast f/1.2 maximum aperture, which suits working in difficult lighting conditions and avails greater control over depth of field. Also, a complex 15 elements, 11 groups construction combines extra-low dispersion, aspherical, and high refractive index elements to significantly reduce both chromatic and spherical aberrations for notable image clarity, sharpness, and color accuracy. A nine-blade aperture is featured as well, to achieve a smooth bokeh quality when working with shallow depth of field techniques, and a Z Coating Nano has been applied to individual elements to limit flare and ghosting for improved contrast.
- Standard wide-angle 17mm lens is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 34mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.2 maximum aperture supports working in difficult lighting conditions and affords extensive control over depth of field for selective focus techniques.
- The intricate optical design employs one Super Extra-Low Dispersion element, three extra-low dispersion elements, one Extra-Low Dispersion Dual-Sided Aspherical element, one Extra-Low Dispersion Aspherical element, one Super High Refractive Index element, and one aspherical element, which all work in concert to control chromatic and spherical aberrations for improved clarity, reduced color fringing, and enhanced sharpness.
- A Z Coating Nano has been applied to individual lens elements to noticeably reduce surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color neutrality in strong lighting conditions.
- An MSC autofocus system, along with an internal focusing design, provides quick, quiet, and precise focusing performance to benefit both still photo shooting and movie recording. Additionally, an MF clutch is used for fast changing to manual focus for more precise control.
- Programmable L-Fn (lens function) button for easily accessible settings adjustment.
- Weather-sealed construction guards the lens against dust, moisture, and freezing temperatures for working in harsh environments.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
|Aperture||f/1.2 to f/1.6|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Dimensions||Approx. 2.69 x 3.43" / 68.2 x 87 mm|
|Elements / Groups||15/11|
|lens focal||17mm (Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 34 mm)|
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Minimum Focus Distance||7.87" / 20 cm|
|Weight||13.76 oz / 390 g|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Discount Digital Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 17mm f/1.2 PRO Lens
- LC-62F Lens Cap
- LR-2 Rear Lens Cap
- LH-66C Lens Hood
- LSC-0811 Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty