Thefrom takes its place as an extremely capable entry-level option for shooters looking to pick up an SLR-styled mirrorless Micro Four Thirds camera. This iteration incorporates a 16.1MP Four Thirds Live MOS sensor and the Dual Quad-Core TruePic VIII Image Processor, enabling a variety of fast and powerful functions, including video recording at up to UHD 4K. The camera does retain its intuitive and rugged construction, benefitting from many physical controls as well as a 3.0" tilting touchscreen LCD and a 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder with an improved 1.23x magnification. Additionally, various other functions have been implemented to make shooting more fun, such as 15 Art Filters and a Clips Video Mode that lets you quickly make videos in camera.
- 16.1MP Live MOS Sensor & TruePic VIII Image Processor
- UHD 4K Video Recording
- In-Body 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- 121-Point Contrast-Detect AF System and 8.5 fps Shooting
- Durable body features two dials, a directional pad, and shortcut button for fast, intuitive control.
- Built-in Wi-Fi is available for direct connection to a smart device and a QR code setting can be accessed for faster connection and setup.
- The 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD can tilt downward 45° and upward 85° for use at odd angles.
- Touch control provides direct access to various functions: shutter release, AF area selection, AF area size adjustment, AF touch pad, frame forward/backward, magnified playback, Live Guide, Super Control Panel, Art Filter, Wi-Fi connection, video controls, video effects, video teleconverter, and timer.
- For eye-level viewing a 2.36m-dot EVF is available, which features an improved magnification of 1.23x for increased comfort during use.
- A mechanical shutter with a 1/4000 to 60 second range is present alongside a silent electronic shutter function with a 1/16000 to 30 second range.
- Built-in flash with guide number of 19' at ISO 100 for illuminating dark scenes.
- One SD card slot is available with support for UHS-II media.
- External flash units can be used via the hot shoe.
- Silent Shutter Mode eliminates shutter noise and other electronic sounds to benefit working in nature, concert halls, or other sound-sensitive locations.
- Advanced Auto Mode analyzes the scene and subject in order to select the best possible settings.
- Scene Mode features various presets for optimizing camera performance to your subject matter, including People, Motion, Indoors, Nightscapes, Scenery, Close-Up, and more.
- Fifteen Art filters are available to add some flair to your images, including a new Bleach Bypass option to provide an old film feel with a silvery, glossy feel on metal textures.
- Advanced Photography (AP) Mode offers access to various creative modes, including Live Composite, Live Time, Panorama, HDR, Silent, Keystone Compensation, Focus Bracketing, Multiple Exposure, and AE Bracketing.
- Live Bulb and Live Time settings can be used to produce creative long exposure imagery. Live Bulb lets you hold the shutter open for up to one minute and Live Time lets you press the shutter button once to open the shutter and then press again within a minute to end the exposure.
- Live Composite is a unique long exposure mode that allows you to gradually build up an exposure over time without overexposing key elements within the frame. This mode works to only record newly detected light sources over time, and allows you to watch as an image develops, making it ideally suited for photographing star trails or other moving light sources.
- Interval shooting is supported for up to 999 frames with 1 second to 24-hour exposure intervals.
|Battery||BLS-50 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B|
|Dimensions||4.8 x 3.3 x 1.9" / 121.5 x 83.6 x 49.5 mm|
|Display Screen||3" Tilting Touchscreen LCD|
|Image Stabilization||Sensor-Shift, 5-Way|
|ISO Rating||Auto, 200-25600 (Extended Mode: Auto, 100-25600)|
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Memory Card Type||SD | SDHC | SDXC|
|Product Type||Mirrorless Camera|
|Sensor Type / Size||MOS, 17.4 x 13.0 mm|
|Video Recording||Yes; 4K, 1080p, 720p|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 1.23x|
|Weight||14.46 oz / 410 g with battery and memory card|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Discount Digital Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera
- BLS-50 Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2V, 1175mAh)
- BCS-5 Lithium-Ion Battery Charger
- USB Cable
- Shoulder Strap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty